The Liverpool striker, who is contracted until 2016, says constant criticism from journalists is affecting his time in England, hinting it could drive him away from Anfield
Luis Suarez has opened the door to a Liverpool exit after admitting he cannot take constant criticism of his conduct and is proud to be linked with Real Madrid .
As exclusively revealed by Goal earlier on Wednesday, the striker has refused to commit himself to the Anfield outfit despite holding two meetings with the club hierarchy in recent weeks.
Suarez is believed to be a target for Real Madrid as Gonzalo Higuain looks increasingly likely to leave the Liga runners-up during the summer, and the 26-year-old admits such interest in himself and fellow compatriot Edinson Cavani is flattering.
“Saying no to Real Madrid is very difficult,” he told Sport 890 AM.
“I think that’s a reason for Uruguayans to feel proud, but there are no formal offers yet.
“I talked to Brendan Rodgers. He knows what I want and understands my situation.”
Suarez is currently serving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic; the incident the latest in a long line of misdemeanours the striker has committed.
Goal revealed in January that the former Ajax man, who is contracted with the club until 2016, was considering his future at Anfield, with Champions League football a long-held desire, and he admitted constant negative press is affecting his time in England.
“I worked too hard to having to continue listening to the criticism I get from English journalists,” he continued.
“I love Liverpool, but I’m not prepared to keep taking all this criticism.