Darren Bent could make his return after overcoming a foot injury scare, while Charles N’Zogbia may come into the starting line-up ahead of Yacouba Sylla. Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert faces no new injury worries.
Pacy attacking trio Gabriel Agbonlahor, Andreas Weimann and Christian Benteke are poised to start in a forward.
Brendan Rodgers will have first-choice goalkeeper Pepe Reina back in goal after the Spaniard recovered from a calf injury. Jamie Carragher is pushing for a starting berth although he may have to settle for a place on the bench.
Joe Allen will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery, while Martin Kelly (knee) and Fabio Borini (shoulder) are also out.
- Paul Lambert’s side have only scored 14 times in the league at home so far this season – only QPR (11) have fewer home goals.
- Both sides have a player with the joint-most yellow cards in the league this season. Villa’s Matthew Lowton and Liverpool’s Luis Suarez have both received nine yellow cards – the same amount as Sunderland’s Craig Gardner.
- The previous meeting between the two sides finished in a 3-1 Villa win. A brace from Christian Benteke and a goal from Andreas Weimann put the visitors into a three goal lead before a late strike from Steven Gerrard.
- Suarez (pictured right), is the current top scorer in the league with 22 goals. He’s three ahead of Manchester United striker Robin van Persie.
- Liverpool are the third-highest scorers in the league so far this season with 57 goals. Manchester United (69) and Chelsea (58) have netted more.